This week we are learning about number 7. Our group tasks today were
- Making sets of 7 with sorting materials
- Matching pictures to numerals and number words
- Programming a bee bot to move forwards.
Today we made a tower with 7 multi links. We made them into different shapes. We discovered that even though they looked different the number of multi links stayed the same.
We had great fun decorating candle shapes. They were different sizes - some tall, some short and some thick and some thin. We worked together at tables to order them. They are now proudly displayed in our classroom.
After making a people number line from 1 to 7 we made our own number line. We put on the correct number of stickers and some of us stuck on the number word.
During play based learning we made a snowman display. Today we talked about the 'maths' we could find in it.
- There were lots of things to count - snowmen, buttons, snowflakes, hats
- One of the scarfs had a repeating pattern
- The snowmen and their hats were different heights.
- The scarves were different widths
- The buttons were different shapes
After our discussion we drew 3 snowmen, each a different size. The first was the tallest, the second was shorter and the third was the shortest.